Greetings from Denver, CO!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My kids did their checkout dives at Cobalt Coast, GCY(10,14) a few years back.. They were exceptionally patient and the experience was wonderful. They enjoyed it so much, I had to send them to CIMI camp that summer on Catalina Island. The staff at Cobalt Coast is outstanding, and safety is a priority. Since I am anti Turtle and Dolphin exhibit I won't recommend visiting them, find the animals on the reefs. We also had good luck at the Divi Resort Bonaire, but some of the topless sunbathers scared the little ones. The good news was I did recon everyday to make sure the coast was clear. Mostly shore diving on our own schedule. have fun

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I see you also posted the question in the General Travel forum.

If I may make a suggestion, I think you might get a more helpful response if you narrowed things down a little. There are an enormous number of potential sites around the world, and sometimes getting too much information is the same as getting too little information. Is there a rough area of travel you might be interested in? Maybe the Caribbean? Is Florida off limits? When are you thinking of traveling? How long do you want to stay?

As I am sure you already know, a 10-year old will be very much limited in maximum depths. If you are going to go somewhere for, say, a week, you will want some place with a lot of good shallow water sites. In that case, John Pennecamp Park in Key Largo would be great. The weather can be a little iffy at different times of the year, but the diving is perfect for that age group.

A place like Bonaire or Curacao can also be very good because the sites have sloping walls, meaning you can have just about the same quality dive at 40 feet as at 80 feet. You are also more likely to have good weather there in our winter.

Looking for a Kid friendly resort for 10 year old new diver? Any ideas welcome.

Some friends of ours dived with us in Cozumel, staying at the Presidente Resort and dived with the house dive operation Scuba Du, they hired a private divemaster for their 11 year old new diving daughter and dived all week and had a very nice and safe time.

I forgot the best place for kids of all ages, Cayman Brac. Stay at the Reef Resort and dive, hike snorkal, rock climb, and enjoy the sun. The island is literally the safest place in the world, with the friendliest people around. Been going down for years, and have never heard of any crime of any kind, except for some grafitti in the High School after Paloma.
Plenty of shore dives. Plenty for kids to do like tennis, kayaking, fishing, bicycling exploring caves and tide pools. Their are a couple small companies that will do day trips to Little Cayman.... I've talked myself into another trip back down. Grand Cayman is nice, but seems to be having some crime issues. Good Luck

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

WAKATOBI is ideal. The top of the reef is very shallow ( less than 10' ). The house reef is one of the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom