Hopefully an OW diver tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattyads

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just writing to say hello as I have just joined the site.

I am currently travelling around SE Asia with my girlfriend and we (hopefully) complete our PADI OW tomorrow.

Absolutely fallen in love with diving so no doubt I will have many a question for you all soon. I look forward to getting to know you.

Speak soon!

Hi Yvan.

Thank you.

Just passed at Scuba Junction in Koh Tao. Had a really great time and learnt loads.

Think I am going to do a few dives before I go on to do my advanced. Is this generally a good idea?

Welcome to the world of the underwater obsessed, and to :sblogo:!

Doing a few dives before going on to your advanced class is often a good idea, particularly where you are diving. Pay attention to buoyancy control and stability in the water -- they will serve you well when you go on to do the "deep" dive for your AOW.

Welcome on board!

Welcome! I am in the middle of my OW classes now....and will be in Thailand in just over 2 months! Looking to do some diving as well when I am there. Would love to hear what you thought about the area. PM Me if you can.

Thanks again guys.

My only worry is that I will be travelling around and going to some amazing dive sites but will be retricted if I only have my OW.

Would this be the case? Or is there still amazing diving to be had at OW level?

SeatlePaul - I have not really got anything to compare it to at the moment, however, I have to admit I was maybe expecting a larger variety of marine life than what I saw. Cant fault my instructor though.

You'll be always restricted by some missing training but don't rush and enjoy each steps. The AOW is a very nice course that will open more space in the diving world but not everything. Take few days out of training for some fun dives. You'll be more comfortable while underwater and you'll be better prepared for the AOW. In the meantime, try to discuss with folks around to identify what you want to do during your AOW. Nav and Deep are compulsory and you'll have to choose 3 other dives.

If you are in Thailand, few days of diving will give you a lot of dives :)

After your AOW, think about the full deep spe, and Nitrox :wink: but one step at a time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom