new here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hermitcrab

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all. I took some scuba classes a bunch of years ago, and did everything except the open water checkout dive. It's been so long, I guess I'd need to start over at this point.

Though I'm not certified, and I don't live near the ocean, my interest remains, and I hope to get into the hobby one day. For now, I'll hang out on this great forum instead!

I was 44 when I got certified, I'm 50 now. I had wanted to all my life and had given up since I am claustrophobic and cannot swim (BARELY passed the 10 minute tread). I have regretted many of my decisions in life, learning to scuba dive IS NOT one of them. Of all the things I have done over the years I have gotten more satisfaction diving and believe it is worth all the money I can afford to spend, than anything I have ever done with the exception of my marriage and family. The only regret I have about diving is that I put it off so long. My best friend was a commercial diver and talked me into taking the class, now my wife and I scrimp and save until we can afford a trip to the Carribean as often as we can (usually Cozumel, MX). I LOVE being underwater!

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 01:28 AM ----------

Oh...and welcome to Scubaboard!

May it be as helpful and informative to you as it has been for me.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 03:47 PM ----------

Here ya go:

Rick's Dive 'N Travel Center | Christmas $99.95

Thanks for the warm and inspirational welcome. One of these days (hopefully soon), I have a feeling I'll get things together and take the plunge.

Back
Top Bottom