Hello from Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaChief

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
One of the many benefits of retirement is not having a job to interfer with your hobbies. I am a long time reader, and have enjoyed SB for quite awhile. The youngest daughter, who is now in college, has her sights on becoming a marine biologist and in support of this goal she taking classes for her Open Water. So, you can well imagine that I am thrilled with the idea of having a dive buddy soon.

Thank you to all those who take their time to answer questions, explain procedures, or describe experiences. Very enjoyable reading.

Thank you. I am very glad to be here, and in more ways than one.

Welcome CaChief to the board. Give me a shout and lets get wet sometime. I dive a few times a week if weather cooperates.

Welcome aboard!!!!!
Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here: SoCal

Glad you've joined us and wish your daughter well in following her intended goal. Long ago I realized that doing something I loved was more important than making a lot of money (as long as I could pay the bills). My advice to her is the same as Joseph Campbell's "follow your bliss."

DrBill,
Thank you. I conveyed your kind thoughts to daughter (Tayler), she is very appreciative. She is scheduled to complete her boat dives at Catalina on February 2nd, and her beach dives on the 3rd. When she becomes certified I am hoping we can make a few mid week journeys to your backyard. If possible, we would very much enjoy offering to break bread at a lunch or dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom