Hi and thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rampantmarine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

Really wet behind ears, and enjoying it. Thanks to all on this board for ton's on information on equipment and opinions. We are fortunate to have a couple of long term local shops (40+ years) that carry good equipment and have great service. -20 C outside right now, so its a long wait until I can expect certification dives, but at least I get to play in the pool.

Curious as to what percentage of new students stick with it, purchase own gear and become divers.
What is included in an annual service, and what gear gets serviced?

To those who are instructors - you are indeed special folks to do this time and time again for love as you probably only earn free gear for your time and efforts.

Hi Rampantmarine!

I'm certainly hopeful that instructors get more than just free equipment, although that would be a plus! I'm hopeful to get that far and be able to make a decent living. Just paid off the house (this morning!) and so it's just the basics from here on out, but still... I'd like to leave SOMEthing to my son... :blinking:

I've only purchased the basics (mask, fins, regulator, a few accessories) but I'm in this for life! I've also just begun the online study, but I hope to be OW certified by mid-Feb, and AOW by end of April. Those are my immediate goals, with hopefully LOTS of dives in between. Most of those will be in cold water. With such good and varied exposure protection for rent (I hope to buy eventually) why would you need to wait to be certified?

Sorry I can't answer any of your other questions. Best of luck to you--dive SAFE--HAVE FUN!!

LSF
:coffee:

Hi Rampantmarine!

With such good and varied exposure protection for rent (I hope to buy eventually) why would you need to wait to be certified?

LSF
Good luck following that route and congrats on paying off your home.

Manitoba is north of Minnesota. I would have to ice dive to get my open water dives in - so it is wait for spring (and water temps to rise a bit) or travel south. I will get equipment to use here vs travelling south.

Okay, that explanins it! I lived in Minneapolis for ten years, and FINALLY talked my (now ex) husband into moving to CA. He hated it here, and within two years, we had divorced and he is happly living with wife #2 in his hometown, NE. Moving to CA was the best decision I ever made; the divorce was the second best!:D

Happy and save diving!

LSF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom