Hello from Montgomery, AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherrodmustang

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I joined the forum to learn more about scuba. Me and my wife are very new to the sport and are going threw are open water certification currently. I am very excited about it and have been looking at equipment like crazy for both of us. Tons of searching on the internet lead me to this forum and thought it would be awesome to join up and learn more.

Thanks for having me!

Hi Sherrodmustang,

Saw your post and thought I would say Hi! I'm a couple of hours west of you in Greensboro, AL. Moved back here several months ago to stay with my elderly mom. Don't know any one locally that dives, and in fact don't have my gear with me, but plan to have it here by end of July and hope to get a few dives in after I do.

Believe I saw in another of your posts that you are headed on a cruise this month. Good luck and safe diving!

Drew

Good to have you here! I live in Bay Minette AL. A couple hrs south of you. If u and your wife get down this way i am always looking for goodpeople to dive with. Like you I am new to the dive scene. Always been around water but staying gone with the Air Force didnt give me a chance to stay put longenough to dive. Pm me if u want to come down anddive a little.

Awesome to see other divers on here so close. Would be awesome to meet up with some more people in the local area interested in diving.

Me and my wife just got back from a cruise yesterday, it was awesome! We had the chance to do some diving in Roatan and Couzmel. Costa Maya was canceled due to high winds and surf... Was kinda bummed about it.

But overall it was great, seen all kinds of stuff... Even Sea Turtles!

Planning a second cruise already for the fall or beginning of next year... Deposit already down on it.

We also might look at a full week of diving at the Anthony Key Resort in Roatan maybe in the fall. The place was very nice!

Just got back from a 7 day cruise with Norwegian Star. Had a great time and was able to do some diving in Roatan and Couzmel.

Had a excursion for Costa Maya! But it was canceled due to high winds and surf... Boo.

GoPro Hero 3 Black 1080@60fps Wide.

Edited with Adobe Elements 11

Video from Roatan!

Welcome to Scuba diving !

tons of dives to do and tons of places to visit. Enjoy and don't forget the most important thing have FUN !

Leif Meinert
Coconut Divers Cancun

Welcome to SCUBA and Scubaboard! You will find that there is almost always at least one more "toy" you need to buy, once you really get into it. Good that you have your wife doing it too... Built-in buddies are nice to have! (and she may be more sympathetic about buying those new "toys" also!) lol!

Welcome to Scuba diving !

tons of dives to do and tons of places to visit. Enjoy and don't forget the most important thing have FUN !

Leif Meinert
Coconut Divers Cancun

Welcome to SCUBA and Scubaboard! You will find that there is almost always at least one more "toy" you need to buy, once you really get into it. Good that you have your wife doing it too... Built-in buddies are nice to have! (and she may be more sympathetic about buying those new "toys" also!) lol!

Have it enjoyed it so far and seen a lot of cool.things.

She is into it but not as much as I am.

I know she was really excited to see sea turtles in the wild... Was pretty awesome no doubt.

As for the gear we have pretty much both have all the basic stuff right now. A few more things I would like to pickup for future dives and classes I would like us to take.

I think next we are looking at getting level 2 certified and pickup some specialty course.

We also have been looking at full week diving package in Roatan at Anthoys Key Resort maybe around September.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom