new to scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acoda1

New
Reaction score
Hi all new member here .was certified 30+ years ago in winnipeg . ya i know its cold diving there. in the last couple of years my interest has been increasing. started putting together underwater camera gear and getting snorkeling equipment for wife and myself have moved up to better gear for myself as well as wife now we have three sets of gear plus spare parts its like an addiction lol. well recently had the chance to do 2 intro to scuba dives in mayan riviera and had a blast it all came back just like riding a bike. ended both dives with 1900lbs air left so instructor was very impressed. well im hooked and wife is sad that her snorkel partner wont be around all the time when we head to mexico. got my doctors check out for getting open water certification and will do shortly then plan to complete open water in mexico hopefully in sept. I am still on fence as to getting my own BCD and reg as the cost nowadays to take on plane is stupid and the gear at the PADI dive centers in mexico is in good shape so why pack all the extra when u really dont need it and dont get that much af a discount anyways. its like 20$ for the gear rental and 45-50 per tank. so any advise as to good dive spots in mexico would be appreciated. and yes i have snorkeled cozumel/ akumal/ several cenotes and huatulco. we are still looking for that resort that has all we want good food great cervaca and snorkleing /diving right off resort. We are looking at Barcello Maya Beach as that is where i dove off in jan with prodive when we stayed at cat yucatan.

thanks for listening to my rants.
Greg:)

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Welcome aboard, I'm new to diving and scuba board. Please let us know if you find your ideal resort. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom