New To Scuba Board. Need Dive Buddies or Groups.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My name is Keith, 29 y/o and I live in the Sonoma County Area in the Beautiful town of Guerneville just 15 minutes away from the Gorgeous yet Furious Pacific Coast. I have been an Avid Free diver now for nearly my entire life. It wasn't until 2003 while serving in the United States Navy that I choose to go Scuba. But I didn't get all finished then. I sort of stepped away to fight our countries war. But I am back and now fully Disabled, but with no Disability to diving other then your average Upset Stomach from Excitement. I have Crohns Disease.

I have been Free diving for Abalone on the Sonoma and Mendocino Coast since I was just a young Boy. My father is a Free diver as well and I'm trying to convert him over to the Scuba, but its tough work. I am a Tough and Free Spirited person. Tough as in, I am not afraid to don my gear and jump in the ocean to have a good time, even if No One will join me or watch my back. I'm here to trying to change that. I need Dive Buddies and or a Dive Club to hang around with and find new adventures and share this Awesome Experience.

Please feel free to contact me with any good ideas, dive sites, comments, questions, concerns, or invitations to Dive. I accept them all.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Welcome!

At the top of the forum there's a main link bar (Forum List, Articles, Blogs, etc), under that there's another bar (New Posts, Private Messages), go over to community and down to find a dive buddy, hopefully there's someone listed in your area! There's a SB not in mine, but I'm lucky enough to already have two but you never know for you :)

Thank you, I tried checking that out, and when I put in my Zip Code (95446) and My Lat and Lon, both times I was placed somewhere in the South China Sea or Near Korea lol. WAY OUT in the middle of the Ocean. Interesting. I will Continue with that. It did give me a small list of People around me and maybe they are local.

Thank you for the Warm Welcome, and I hope to get alot out of this Web Page. So far, I spent Hours reading Post. its addicting. If there are any Dive Clubs in the Sonoma County Area, Id like to Join one or some. My Search Continues.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in the fun here: NorCal

Go check out the NorCal subforum -- there are a bunch of active local divers. If you are willing to take a weekend trip south, Monterey offers some world-class diving, and there are a bunch of Monterey divers on here, too.

I grew up in Santa Rosa, and my parents owned land at the Sea Ranch. I wish I'd known about scuba diving when I lived there -- apparently some of the places I loved as a land animal (Fort Ross for example) are dive sites, and I never knew.

Keith / PacDiver707

Welcome!

Check out your local dive club, North Coast Divers, at www.northcoastdivers.org.

We're a rather unique dive club, in that we don't have any dues, meetings or formal officers. We do, on the other hand, have monthly dives (most on the Sonoma and Mendocino coasts), very friendly members and great times together. Our members range from newbies through instructors through tech divers. We scuba and free dive.

Please join in!

And thanks for your service.

From down the road in Sebastopol,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Keith, curious do you hunt fish too? If so on every dive? Or are you just more of an underwater explorer?

I am not nearly as gun ho, and plan to stay out of the water this weekend. Anything over 8ft on the North Coast is a no go for me. Furious is not the best description for this weekend, but slightly upset would be fitting.

PZZ540-091130- POINT ARENA TO POINT REYES TO 10 NM-
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 11 TO 14 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

SAT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 10 TO 13 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

SUN
NW WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 10 SECONDS AND W 5 TO 7 FT AT 18 SECONDS.

Keith / PacDiver707

Welcome!

Check out your local dive club, North Coast Divers, at www.northcoastdivers.com.

We're a rather unique dive club, in that we don't have any dues, meetings or formal officers. We do, on the other hand, have monthly dives (most on the Sonoma and Mendocino coasts), very friendly members and great times together. Our members range from newbies through instructors through tech divers. We scuba and free dive.

Please join in!

And thanks for your service.

From down the road in Sebastopol,

Fisheater, Thank you for the Warm Welcome and I have just today checked out the North Coast Diver Website and Forum Board, and its great to see locals so into diving. I signed up on the Website. same Screen Name as here, PacDiver707. I would love to Join a Local Dive Club because sadly I dont have many Dive Buddies. And I love to dive, even if it be Solo. But I am a very Safe and Practical Diver, I know when to call a dive. I will continue to check out the website, and I hope to meet some of you on the beach soon.

I'll contact our web administrator and get your sign up approved (as we have a lot of spammers trying to get access). Then, please post your introduction and let us know when you want a dive buddy. Lots of dives are set up through our forum.

Looking forward to meeting and diving with you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom