Hello from Scotland!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karen_jenefer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone!

I realised I've been lurking on this board for 5 years and have never actually posted anything! There's so much good advice to read and someone always seems to have asked what I wanted to know. But I'm considering a career change to work in diving so thought it would be useful to be more actively involved.

A bit about me... I learnt to dive in Scotland and am in a club here but I much prefer hotter sunny places and coral reefs. I have dived in the Red Sea, Thailand and did my DM in the Philippines a few years ago but never actually used it for working. I'm hoping to do the Padi IDC in the next year or so and then spend a few years working around the world.

Looking forward to picking your brains on this plan!

Karen

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Check out Utila Dive Center for furthering your edumacashun.

They are very good, the diving is brilliant, and the costs are extremely reasonable.

Hi peter
I see dived with utila , i found them online and thought of using them next winter and do my IDC and MSDT . Do you know how easy it is to find work ?

Terry

Hey Karen

Thought id introduce myself , im terry and im in the same boat as you . The thought of traveling and working sounds great dosnt it ? :)

Utila sounds like a good place to learn and I've thought of doing an MSDT internship next winter , i think this helps as it gives you versatility . I may try and learn a bit of Spanish too ?

Where in Scotland do you dive ? I lived up there for years and some family are still there around Perth and stirling .

Id be interested in learning about your thoughts for your training in future .

Good luck in finding work

Terry

Hi peter
I see dived with utila , i found them online and thought of using them next winter and do my IDC and MSDT . Do you know how easy it is to find work ?

Terry

Hey Karen

Thought id introduce myself , im terry and im in the same boat as you . The thought of traveling and working sounds great dosnt it ? :)

Utila sounds like a good place to learn and I've thought of doing an MSDT internship next winter , i think this helps as it gives you versatility . I may try and learn a bit of Spanish too ?

Where in Scotland do you dive ? I lived up there for years and some family are still there around Perth and stirling .

Id be interested in learning about your thoughts for your training in future .

Good luck in finding work

Terry

Hey Terry - they are very good for teaching. They do far more of that than rec divers. It's really more of a school that is willing to do rec dives than a dive op who happens to teach. You can get work there but I have no idea how hard it is to.

Here are some picks from Utila:

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/peternbiddle/sets/72157631649455262/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom