Considering a vacation dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
My wife and I are thinking about taking a vacation dive trip in May with our two grown daughters. We are considering a package where they certify us and take us on several dives over a week. My wife is certified, the rest of us are not. How long do these vacation certifications take and what do they cost? is this the best way for us to go?

Hello Mike,

I suggest contacting the dive shops where you are targeting. They will readily have all the details. What you are planning is commonly done. Some people do the academics in their local shop and the diving, required for certification, at the vacation spot. As you local dive shop about this. Many shops offer this and will make all the arrangements.

Where do you have in mind for your vacation?

I just did a trip like this. I used red sail in grand cayman, and stayed at the grand cayman beach suites. The dive boat pulls up on the beach at the hotel, and class is downstairs. Great service, and trip.

Hi Mike,
I would take Lee's suggestion that way you will have the exact informaton you are looking for.
good luck and have fun

Back
Top Bottom