Hello a little frustrated :-(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Francesca-NH

Registered
Reaction score
Peterborough, New Hampshire, United States
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been reading this board for about a year without commenting and think the information provided by members is fantastic. I dove as a teenager without being certified and loved it but because of sinus and ear trouble did not get certified till a year ago after having 2 surgeries. I live in NH (not a great place to be if you fall bat #$%^ crazy in love with diving) and frequently wish I never pursued it again. I can't stop thinking about it and feel that 90% of what I now do is motivated to becoming stronger and having more access to diving. My husband took me diving locally (its COLD) and hoped I would just be a tropical diver but unfortunately I am fixated on diving year round and was not put off by the fact that there is 0 visibility, nothing to see and did I mention its cold ;-). Obviously I need more experience before I could be diving under ice but in the mean time booked 3 weeks of tropical diving and spent a fortune on gear to dive locally once the ice melts. Our first trip is in 2 months and I was just diagnosed with Graves Disease. I am hoping to talk to other divers who can assure me I will be diving soon despite this. My endocronologist does not think I will be in diving condition in time for our trip to Honduras. I am rather blue about this to put it mildly. I am probably posting way too much info in this particular forum (forgive me). Any suggestions on where I can post my detailed concerns would be appreciated.

If you want to ask questions about your thyroid and diving, the Diving Medicine subforum is the place to go.

The good news is that Graves disease is completely controllable; the bad news is that it may not be possible to get it done, and get you stabilized on an appropriate thyroid replacement dose, before your trip.

Back
Top Bottom