Hello from San Diego, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

criedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself. I'm located in San Diego and obviously love to dive. I'd like to meet up with other divers here. I'm also planning a trip to Belize in May and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with any dive opperations, hotels and general advice. I"m goping with my brother who is also an avid diver and my two parents who may snorkle.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Chris

Welcome to scubaboard - San Diego is beautiful - lucky you, La Jolla Canyon and the childrens pool at your backdoor. I dove Belize 15 years ago, we stayed in Ambergis Caye and dove with a local operator named Eduardo. I have no idea if he is still in business or not. I do recall - you must eat at Elsie's if you stay on that island, great local place, fresh food reasonable prices. Have a great trip and take an underwater camera, even if it's a really inexpensive point and shoot.

Check out Power Scuba for a large group of active local divers, they run local trips and trips abroad and negotiate great prices for their group since they have a large membership. I believe it's free to join their group.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!!!!

Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here: SoCal
I also use Power Scuba when I dive in Diego area and my normal dive buddies can not make it...great friendly group without dues and awsome discounts.

Looks like a monitor reposted your Belize post to their local forum here: Belize . It's alway great to get insider info and opinions before traveling to dive.

Hi, Criedy.....

I am in Tucson, but I will be in San Diego in April. Need a dive buddy for the LaJolla/La Jolla Shores area? let me know.

Adam

A second for Power SCUBA. Bill does a great job of getting divers diving down there.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

There are many good operations in Belize. Give Ramon's a Go.

Good Luck & Good Diving.

[INLINE=left]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/Reef_Wall_small.jpg[/INLINE]Greeting from one Californian to another, and welcome to ScubaBoard! We are located in Irvine, so if you ever feel the need to head north, stop by and say hello!

I personally love Belize. I did an Aggressor liveaboard a couple of years ago, and it was great. Sleep, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, eat, dive, sleep. I'm not kidding, that's a pretty accurate schedule. Every time I got out of the water, there was the cook with another delicious snack.

I'm sure there are some great land-based places to stay, but the liveaboard was my only Belize experience. There is a sea of information here, so you've certainly come to the right place.

Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom