Greetings from Martin County, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, my name is Benjamin and I am a scubaholic....I feel so much better now :)

I've been stalking this forum for awhile now and love the wealth of info here! Figured it was time to take the plunge and register. I hope I can contribute in the way of posting free training/ID seminars on corals/inverts/fish/etc. and reef clean-ups as I get them from non-profits and state/fed agencies. Where would you prefer I post these?

I'm a Freelance Envi. Tech. which is a fancy way of saying I don't make much money, love my business (owner), and have the freedom to run my mouth at county commission meetings.

Surfrider Foundation member and represent them as a stakeholder on a variety of issues/topics/actions.

Always looking for someone to dive (year round) with especially if they have a boat! lol I will chip in on gas and help with boat maint too!

Beach entries/kayak are great too in my area and are highly underrated.
I free dive/snorkel as well, when funds are tight :)

I am all about conservation and monitoring as well as "shamelessly" promoting citizen science. I prefer to shoot a camera rather than a spear gun.

Always bring my slate to document. Yes I am a fish geek through and through.

I sub contract for:
Florida Oceanographic Society (non-profit) - restoration projects : mostly oyster restorations and seagrass aka EFH (essential fish habitat)
-I volunteer as as coordinator for their REEF Field Station. We host FREE monthly "Fishinars" at Florida Oceanographic via REEF.org pertaining to our area TWA (Tropical Western Atlantic).
**I encourage anyone or group in the area to come by and check it out. We are looking to add to our group to help survey local areas (bathtub etc). Send me a msg if interested. All skill levels and landlubbers welcome. (like I said...shameless)

Dolphin Ecology Project (Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute) - monitoring Indian River Lagoon : photo ID, water quality, focal follows

Martin County Artificial River Reef Project - Head Coordinator, promoting estuarine education in our local schools/civic groups via hands on education building artificial reefs from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom