underwater camera's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All
I'm fairly new to the underwater camera scene, so what I'm asking is what would be a reasonable starter kit, the DSLR are out of my skill level and budget, so that narrows it down to the CSC and the point and shoot units. I have set my self a budget of Approx $1500. which would need to include strobe and perhaps a wide angel lens. Some of the units that I have looked at are the Sea/Sea DX-GE5,Sealife 726 DC1400, Nikon V1 J1 P7700.
any opinions/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
SC

If you want simple, budget and tough, then take a look at sealife cameras. If you want a little higher quality, snap up the deal on the Olympus EPL1. It's a 12 MP micro 4/3s camera and you can get the body, a 14/42 zoom lens and an underwater housing for $400 at adorama. Add a strobe and you are in business. (it's a model that will be discontinued soon, so it's inexpensive)

It's a good time be buying cameras. The cameras are mostly better enabled than the photographers who carry them :)

Back
Top Bottom