Return Greetings After my OWC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gritz

Registered
Reaction score
Well, as I previously posted, I was headed down to Playa del Carmen to earn my OWC....and I did indeed. Pretty excited about it. Was also able to complete my Enriched Air Diving training and dives while I was down there.

The diving was really great, the shop was awesome, the people were fantastic (even those that were puking in the choppy seas).

All in all, cant wait until the next dives!

Congrats on your cert. Now to keep diving. I'm pretty sure you can dive closer to home too, maybe even locally, to practice and improve your skills.

Yes...practice is something that I intend to do!! Bouyancy and gas consumption. Of course, I was a bit of a hog at the beginning. Though, I was able to make it comfortably through all the dive plans.

Now...on the practicing bouyancy....how?!?! I suppose I have access to a pool that I can use to don the gear, buy some tanks and jump in. Would that be advisable short of diving, diving, diving?

Congrats on cert! In the colder months around Indy we, I, some of us get together and practice in high school swimming pools. We use hula hoops and pool toys to practice buoyancy, gear familiarity and meet and greet.

Back
Top Bottom