Greetings from a newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl82

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Joann and I just started diving last year. I'm currently living in Southern CA. I haven't gotten to do a whole lot of diving yet. I did my open water and advanced open water out at Catalina and then last Oct I went to Cabo to dive. I have to say I definitely prefer warm water diving. I grew up in Fl and to me the water out here in SoCal is too cold and i cant bring myself to spend the $$$ on a dry suit. I'm going home to FL for a visit this summer and hope to do some diving while I'm there. Probably over around the Clearwater area so if there are any divers from that area with any advice I'd be obliged. :)

thanks all and happy diving. :)

Welcome to Scubaboard! Go buy that dry suit, it might be a bit pricey...but you've only gotta buy it once! Either way, safe diving!

I have owned a Sea Elite dry suit from Divers Supply for three years. It was around $600 and has worked flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome aboard!!!
Please feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/
And when heading to Florida, check out: Florida Diving
Don't ignore our wonderful cool waters here....yes it's a 7mm or dry suit type diving but still one of the richest underwater experience in the world:D

Greetings to a fellow warm water wuss (and proud of it:cool2:). I live in Utah and travel to tropical destinations for ALL my diving. They have not been able to convince me of the folly of my ways but I do love those cold water photos - from the warmth of my house:)

Thanks everybody. :) So my plan for dealing with the cold water is Ill do my diving out here in the summer. At least then when you get out of the water you can stand in the sun and warm up. Then I'll use the colder months for doing my BIG trips as I can afford them. I just ordered my very own 7mm wet suit through my local dive shop and I'm really hoping I like it once it gets in. So far I've just been renting my wet suits and the 7mm along with the hood makes me feel really restricted to the point that I can't even reach behind me. This one is supposed to be super stretchy and has a little zipper in the neck so I can give myself a bit more room in the neck. Next step...a camera. :)

happy diving all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom