Newbie from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pastortlc

New
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi! I was PADI certified 38 years ago but have been away from diving for almost as long. School, career, & family took me in different directions. After a recent cruise to the Caribbean with my wife this past March I realized how much I missed diving and decided it is time to get back with it.

Found this great forum hoping it will help me get up to date and planning to take a new certification class soon (as I know so much has changed). Looking forward to checking the forum out to learn all I can. Thanks!

Your in a good location for scuba diving Pastor. Paying for some re-training is a very good idea. Not only have things changed significantly but you have changed significantly. I stopped scuba for a short period of time and found that things that were intuitive before stopping were NOT intuitive after starting back. Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the Scuba Board! I'm like you, got certified in the early 80's, dove a few years, then quit for about 25 years. When I decided to jump back in, I went ahead and got re certified AOW from PADI then several courses since. I really believe if you haven't been diving for sometime, you definitely need at least a refresher course. Lee Taylor is correct...a lot of things have changed over the years!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom