Hello from Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefer ard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey folks,

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. As the title states, I live in Houston. Born in raised in the Clear Lake area. I am currently working as a Lease Analyst for a small oil company and going to school full time working on my Masters in Accounting.

I am fairly new to diving but I have been around it all my life. My uncle is a DM out of Pensacola and I grew up watching him dive and help teach. The first time I ever went diving was with him in a 20 foot pool also. That is when I fell in love with it.

Due to time, money and school, it was difficult for me to commit to diving and do something that I enjoyed greatly, even if it was in a 20 foot pool.

Finally the straw the broke the camel's back was when I went on a cruise (Carnival Triumph) in October of last year and we were in Cozumel. My fiance and I did a small intro to diving in the lovely waters of Cozumel and that was it for us. We both signed up and got our Open Water Certifications which I had a blast doing.

Now I am just hanging around and looking at posts and looking into slowly picking up gear of my own and furthering my diving abilities and progress through my certifications. Only bad thing is I am having to buy two sets at once which really burns a hole in the pocket.

The reason I am so thrilled and interested in it is simply because I want to be able to rub off on other people like my uncle and instructor has rubbed off on me. It was a great experience being able to talk to both of them and understand some of their passion for the sport. I hope to be able to rub that same passion off onto others coming into the sport and maybe one day become and instructor for some of them.

Once again, I am thrilled to be apart of this large community and looking forward to getting out and enjoying the sport some more.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Welcome aboard Jeremy. I predict it won't be long before you're headed to the Flower Gardens!

I hope to be able to do that sooner rather then later. I would like to be able to do this within the year but we will have to see what and how it works out with the schedules.

Couple of people from the LDS I got certified invited me out already for their next Flower Gardens trip. All depends on when they actually get everything set up and let me know.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Welcome Jeremy! Most of anyone in Houston would welcome you to go diving. Including myself.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom