Looking to get back into scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elinsey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I logged about 60 + dives between 1986 and 1994 but haven't been diving since I became a teacher. My husband and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos Islands and want to purchase snorkeling gear (mask, fins, snorkel). I have a Dacor mask from 1987. Wondering if it's time to spring for a new mask. Want to know what's recommended these days.

Good article on masks: Scuba Diver Girls | SDG asks, ?How Do I Find the Perfect Mask??

Does your old mask leak, is the rubber skirt of the mask deteriorated? If all is well and you like it, I would recommend keeping it unless you see any issues. If you are looking into another mask, hopefully the article will be helpful in choosing a new one.

I logged about 60 + dives between 1986 and 1994 but haven't been diving since I became a teacher. My husband and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos Islands and want to purchase snorkeling gear (mask, fins, snorkel). I have a Dacor mask from 1987. Wondering if it's time to spring for a new mask. Want to know what's recommended these days.

Here's what I recommend...grab a handful of money, head to the nearest dive shop and buy ALL NEW GEAR!!!! Purple is the color this year, but hot pink is also recommended for the ladies! Tell hubby you deserve it for all the crap you take from those #@!*% school kids!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom