New Dive COUPLE from Hampton Roads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Broke Neck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello fellow divers !!! -

We are a couple who just last year decided to take the plunge and get certified to dive.

We checked out a local dive shop (Dive Quarters) and from the moment we walked in the door the staff was just super friendly. We got prices on everything and even thought about it for a day .... and went back and signed up.

We took the one weekend class and knocked out our classroom and pool portion, and the following weekend headed up to Lake Rawlings Scuba Park for our open water dives.

Low and behold I had something up my sleeve the entire time, and this was all part of a larger plan .... (video to follow)

We booked a cruise with a few friends from Norfolk to the Bahamas, did some research on a couple places to dive while in the bahamas and decided to to with Stuarts Cove in Nassau, and of course wanted to do it with the sharks!!

Im super lucky, found a girl who is right there with me on my crazy ideas, (Im also a road race fanatic, and strapped her into my car for a couple of sessions)

I got in contact with a private video guy at Stuarts Cove a month ahead of time, and planned out this special day for us ..... things really turned out amazing. Here is the video

[video=youtube;YBqxx1dMfhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqxx1dMfhw[/video]

All of the video was shot on our first dive that day, the second dive was during the shark feeding .... AMAZING!!! These guys did a hell of a job.

We then took off for Freeport and went diving with UNEXSO ... again, another amazing experiance!! Went down about 100ft to a wreck on the first dive, about 40ft to a sunk tug boat on the second dive. Heres the video from my gopro from the bahamas (warning not near as nice of a video as the first one)

[video=youtube;6BFp-CS0kwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFp-CS0kwg[/video]

Now that its started to get a little nicer out we are trying to convince friends to get certified so we have a few friends who share the same interest .... I actually have a friend who is deaf who jumped all over it.

I took him to Dive Quarters and talked with them if they had ever had any experiance teaching a deaf person (He was turned down by another local dive shop because he was deaf) .... I told them I would have no issues taking the course again and translating for him, so all of last weekend I went through the course again with him ... and he passed with flying colors!! .... he has his open water dives at Lake Rawlings on the 11th of May.

We would love to meet up with some fellow divers in the area and do the cabin thing at the Lake, or a trip out to a wreck (once it warms up a little more)

Look forward to socializing and diving with some of yall in the future!!

- Mike & Marybeth

Hello and welcome to the board and this fabulous sport. I would love to take you up, expcept for 2 minor problems...#1 I live in Texas, but if you ever get down to the great state I will show you some wonderful mudholes we dive in and #2 and more importantly I am currently in Afghanistan for the Navy...and no water here...LOL...You have joined the most awesome sport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom