Hello from the Great Northwest!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Found this place while doing some online research on video lighting.. Decided to join up....but was notified that my email address was already registered back in 2005. Must have been one of those nights..

Anyway...I'm 57 years young and been div’n for 45 years. My passions are my wife, my friends, my Harley and diving. PADI Instructor (retired). Born and raised in the Peoples Republic of Berkeley, CA. Grew up AB div’n on the North CA coast, Butt hunt’n in Monterey and bug div’n in the Channel Islands.

Found my best friend and best dive buddy at CAL as she was managing the on campus student travel agency...STA. Certified her, married her (honeymoon in Taveuni). We moved to Seattle in 95 when STA decided to start up a new travel agency at UW and asked her to manage it. I took a job teaching for Underwater Sports in Edmonds WA and we discovered Puget Sound, San Juan Islands & BC. The travel agency was a great fit and we ran group trips to San Juan’s, Gulf Islands, Mexico and Carrib.

While teaching for Edmonds Underwater Sports I met a guy named Mike Lever who was running a BC dive charter boat called the Nautilus VII..... an old WW2 sub chaser converted to a liveaboard dive boat. We towed a skiff called the “Quervo” and all I can say is that those were the days... cowboy diving, great times and great friends. Unexplored sites and some hellacious beach bonfires and BBq’s... PS... Noth’n gets wet driftwood lit like a couple of nitrox tanks to feed the fire!!!

Mike and MaryAnne sold the old girl and built the Nautilus Explorer. The party up in Steveston to christen the new skiff...”Indy” was a night to be remembered. We did 5 or 6 more charters with them on the new boat. Then..as happens with friends sometimes, we lost track after they repositioned the boat to Guadeloupe and Soccorros.

I just saw that they are now sponsors for this forum and will say that Mike, MaryAnne and crew are top notch and hands down out the best liveaboard outfit on the planet IMHO. I always slept well in my bunk knowing that Mike was at the helm.

Anyway, sorry for the long intro but it was great to find this place and to see that my friends Mike and MaryAnne are doing well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom