Greetings from Orange Park, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAssassin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings ScubaBoard!

I am 27 and working my way through my dive training. I recently relocated from Atlanta, GA in order to do so. I am currently working towards my Open Water certification (2 more Open Water dives to go!) and plan to continue furthering my scuba education as far as I possibly can.

I heard from my Instructor that this site was a great resource for information on all things scuba related, and I can see he was right!

See you around the threads!

Greetings SA.

Welcome to SB, and here's wishing you success in your training progression. There was a thread earlier this year about whether people had ever moved primarily for scuba purposes, and some talked about moving to Florida, but I don't recall seeing anybody claiming that they were uncertified and relocated expressly in order to do an Open Water course. You must have been pretty sure of your desire to pursue diving to take a big step like that.

Thanks for the welcome Quero!

To clarify, I did not relocate solely for the purpose of completing just the Open Water course. My intent is to develop my dive training to the highest level possible. While my current goal is beginning my Advanced as soon as I finish OW, my long term goal is making diving a career.

So, yes, I was very sure of my desire when I made the decision to relocate in order to pursue it and I am already seeing that it was the right "move" :wink:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom