Good Morning & Happy Saturday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BackBite

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Long time reader, first time poster. Going for day 1 of my final OW cert dives this morning. Expect to have lots of fun. Thank you to all the great folks who post long, descriptive posts for others to learn from. They have helped a lot in my learning and understanding.

Me=almost 47, wife, mom, MiMi (grandma), veteran, very blue person in a very red state. Gov't employee, so I possibly have a summer of 3-day weekends to look forward to, which I will use to hit the Gulf Coast and dive!
Buddy=almost 49, husband, father, PawPaw, retired veteran, also a blue person in a red state. He, however, gets to go to Kwaj every other month and spend 4-5 weeks, so I alternate from loving him with all my heart to being insanely jealous of where he is :)

I have read through all of the pros/cons of immediately getting my AOW. I am signed up for next month, but have NO plans to use that just to do specific dives. I chose courses that will enhance the skills that I've learned over the past few weeks which I can then practice to become a better diver. Also signed up for the Nitrox course (can you tell my buddy is leaving for 5 weeks next week?) so that we have that available as an option. He will do his nitrox course on Kwaj. There is a local quarry where I can get in some more dives, and meet some more folks in the process.

Looking forward to reading lots more!

Welcome aboard here and to the underwater world!!!

Have fun getting your certs and getting wet....feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in the fun here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom