Want to get diving in Queensland, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have always wanted to get into diving and finally decided it is time to get off my ass and get it done. I have been researching which course is best to get certified but if anyone could give me any tips it would be greatly appreciated. I live on the Gold Coast but am open to live aboard courses in the Whitsundays or Cairns or classroom courses in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. What is better, SSI or PADI? Where is the best place to buy my gear? I travel a lot so have been reading up on the lightweight BCD's. What is the best computer or watch to buy? Masks and flippers? Basically the whole kit. My girlfriend will be joining me so I will need the whole range in female form as well. So if there are any dive schools and retailers in this forum I would be more than happy to hear from you. Looking forward to getting underwater. Thanks for your time.

I lived on the Gold Coast for a year in 2011. I was already certified before I went but while I was there I managed to go all the way through to Divemaster. I would highly recommend Kirra Dive. Rudi and Kristie will work around your schedule and will do everything they can to get you certified to the level you want. I can't say enough about how good their customer service is. The best bunch of people I have had the pleasure of diving with.

This is my first post and I have pretty much ZERO experience... but I did my Discover Scuba with Cooly Dive in Tweed Heads last month and thought they were great!

I lived on the Gold Coast for a year in 2011. I was already certified before I went but while I was there I managed to go all the way through to Divemaster. I would highly recommend Kirra Dive. Rudi and Kristie will work around your schedule and will do everything they can to get you certified to the level you want. I can't say enough about how good their customer service is. The best bunch of people I have had the pleasure of diving with.

I have had one dive experience with "a dive company" at Tweed Heads and was NOT impressed. Interestingly, once further up the coast, I heard many bad reports of how the business was run. Unless this business has changed ownership since 2009 or improved their act, I would not consider diving with them again. That's my opinion anyway.

I went to Bunderburg Aqua Scuba to get most of my certifications Home - Bundaberg Aqua Scuba and Julian is a great Instructor. I would recommend his business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom