New to the site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
And new to diving. Hello, I'm Jon and my only experience with diving is recently completing the US Army's Special Forces combat diver qualification course down in Key West, FL. I had never dove before that course, but I loved every part of being in the water.

Anywho, I don't really have anything to contribute to this site and am mainly here to observe and look at recommendations for dive locations. I know little to nothing about the civilian dive world, so I can't really offer much conversation there.

My wife is going to get PADI open water certified later this summer at JBLM (because they have great prices) and hopefully she can be my dive buddy from now on.

In October, we are going to Hawaii (Maui - Lahaina) and are planning on doing some dives together down there. We are both looking forward to the experience, as neither of us have been to Hawaii before.

There seems to be a lot of good information as well as helpful users on this forum, so I'm glad that I found it and happy to be a part of it.

Aloha Jon,

sounds like a fun course. I spent some time at Bragg and now live in Maui. Let me know if you want to try scooter diving when you come to Maui in October.

Hi there Jon..being an army personnel it would be quite easy for you to dive so welcome out here and i wish you a very pleasant stay here. Make most of this very interesting and an exciting community as we all do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom