Hi from Paris, IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kewl13

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to the site and just wanted to say HI to everyone. Does anyone know of good places to go diving around this area?

Welcome to Illinois and to the board. Lake Michigan is just north of you with some best wreck diving, there are charters by Dive Right in Scuba from near Indiana border and there are other charters from Chicago and Milwaukee areas; Mermet Springs to the south near Metropolis (yep, the city of the superman). South of St. Louis you will find Bonne Terre mine with some unique underground diving. Plenty of options but require some planning and driving. The closest is probably Haigh Quarry in Kankakee. You can google most of the sites I've mentioned, also feel free to PM me if you have more questions about local diving

Thank you mshahaf for the info. I am going to look into all of them. Then start some planning on some dives. I found a book on the ship wrecks in the great lakes. some look like shore dives but most look like boot dives.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Back
Top Bottom