Hey there! from California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello folks!

After months of working in the California Desert, I can hardly wait to hit the international coasts for months of diving. Which coast? Now that's what I'm hoping to find out.

My boyfriend and I will have 8 months off starting on October. During that time, we're planning on diving and living somewhere beautiful and relaxing and I'm absolutely crossing my fingers for the Philippines. I'm interested in getting my Advanced Water and maybe get into Underwater Photography and my boyfriend will be focusing on getting his Divemaster certificate. After scouring information on the net for weeks, it's time to ask the gurus, veterans, and Yodas of underwater adventurers such as yourselves regarding the practical and impractical world of diving.
03.gif
Twenty questions to follow. :D

For now, CHEERS to you, to diving, and to great life!

- FishandDirt

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

I just returned from the Philippines. Excellent diving & wonderful people. I had a great time. However, I am not sure you want to be there in Oct./ Nov. due to a chance of typhoons, but January to May usually brings the best weather to most of the country. In Nov. 1995, I left the Philippines early after the third typhoon was coming.

I would recommend starting in Indonesia. Nov. is the start of the rainy season, but no typhoons. It can be a great time to be in Bali, Komodo & Raja Ampat. Then go to the Philippines in Jan.

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Back
Top Bottom