New from Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings all. I just recently became Open Water certified. I did my first Discover dive 17 years ago and have done a couple since then. I went down to the Caribbean and did my full training and certification and am now enrolled in the Advanced Open Water.

I'm going to be looking for some interesting dive sites off the Virginia and North Carolina coast.

Welcome from one Virginia newbie to another! I live in CA now but was born and raised in Virginia and come back often to visit my parents. There are some awesome shipwrecks down in the Outer Banks area, some accessible by boat only and some that you can get to right from the shore. I was just down there last week but the weather was crappy and visibility was god-awful.

Hi DiveBB!
I'm a newbie also! I've been mostly lurking since joining SB in June. I did discover SCUBA in Australia in May and fell in love with it. Signed up to get certified as soon as I got home.
My hubby and I just finished our OW class and are doing our checkout dives at Lake Rawlings in September. We live on the Eastern Shore of MD. We're also planning to get our AOW in October. Have a trip planned to Puerto Plata, DR in December.
The dive shop we're getting our certification from does quite a few trips to NC and we're planning on joining a few of those next year.

I just moved from Virginia to Oahu after 18 years. Virginia Diving is very limited, but the Outer Banks are AWESOME!!

WELCOME! I am from Virginia too and we have a great diving community here. For dives in NC area "friend" me up and I can hook you up with some folks who dive those areas a lot. We have some world class shark and wreck diving in our backyard.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!Congrats.

Greetings all. I just recently became Open Water certified. I did my first Discover dive 17 years ago and have done a couple since then. I went down to the Caribbean and did my full training and certification and am now enrolled in the Advanced Open Water.

I'm going to be looking for some interesting dive sites off the Virginia and North Carolina coast.

welcome to the diver community!

you profile does not say exactly where in the VA area you are, but if its Northern VA; Southwest runs daily flights down to FL for less than it would cost to drive to the Carolina's. also dive training in my neck of the woods is a lot less expensive than it is up north due to volume.

we have a lot of divers that come out of the North East for a long weekend to knockout advanced dive cents with us all the time. if it sounds interesting check out our Facebook page and website; and see for your self. the shop is "EZ Scuba"

DM Tom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you all for the welcome. I received my AOW at Lake Rawlings and continue to go for my specialties at Rawlings and at Dutch Springs. I plan to start doing Outer Banks dives perhaps as early as this fall.

---------- Post added August 22nd, 2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

welcome to the diver community!

you profile does not say exactly where in the VA area you are, but if its Northern VA; Southwest runs daily flights down to FL for less than it would cost to drive to the Carolina's. also dive training in my neck of the woods is a lot less expensive than it is up north due to volume.

we have a lot of divers that come out of the North East for a long weekend to knockout advanced dive cents with us all the time. if it sounds interesting check out our Facebook page and website; and see for your self. the shop is "EZ Scuba"

DM Tom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am in Northern Virginia and will check out EZ Scuba. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom