TimmyMac1 Gardena Ca AirgunSmith

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimmyMac1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I've been learning as much as I can about Tanks, Safety, Transfer Systems, SCBA, Compressors, SCUBA, Hydro Testing, Equipment and related subjects. I've been making transfers with CO2 Gas since I was 8 years old so I'm really familiar with the Medium to High Pressure systems as they relate to Airguns and CO2 vessels. I've got a lot to learn. Going from 900 psi CO2 to 3000 PSI air is what a lot of airguns have done and it requires ever more air pressure and volume to keep pace with the Airgun customers Air Requirements. Invariably the best solution for fill count with Airguns is Highest possible pressure which is why I'm moving up the scale of CFM and Cubic Feet Storage. 8.5 CFM @ 6000 PSI and 3400 Cubic Feet of Storage @ 5000 PSI is the current set up at Mac1 Airgun(my Shop) in Gardena Ca.
I got very lucky to get a very low hours (under 60) American Bristol 4 stage 8.5 CFM Compressor for my Shop and I will be getting everything in place to be able to pump breathing air with confidence.
The American Bristol is coupled to the LE5000 Monitor which I could use an Owners manual for.
I'd also love to a have the manual for the 4S12NE3 Station Air 1 made around 1997? This appears to be a piece of SCBA History. I was told is is likely a 16CFM
running at 600 RPM to make 8.5 CFM from 7.5 HP.
I'm fortunate to have very dear friends that have held my hand so far and led my direction. One who worked in SCUBA and another who is a Certified Hydro-tester. I always seek the advice of Industry Professionals no matter what I do. I have been pushed in the direction of this board so often it is obvious it is the best place to get reliable info. I need to make sure I do everything the way it should be done so my Machine lasts for decades & provides air quality as good as it gets. Few in the Airgun Industry appreciate how important Breathing Air Quality is. Having worked on 200 year old airguns I know how important it is to keep pressure vessels safe, clean and dry. Nobody will ever get less than the best I can give. The responsible behavior I see from industry professionals in diving industry is refreshing. The Airgun Industry is a little more wild westish but not quite as scary as painball has been.

TimmyMac1

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

Don't blow yourself up, ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom