New Member from Northern IL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceZ

New
Reaction score
Good Morning All

I spent a week in Maui about a month ago and I tried scuba for the first time, and I fell in love with it! Ended up doing 2 reef dives in 2 days. Since getting back home to the burbs of Chicago, I started looking for places to get certified. This met lots of laughter from my friends who reminded me that I live in the Midwest and not the Caribbean, and wondering why the heck I want to get scuba certified.

Either way I didn't listen to them and last night (during a crazy random April Snow storm!) I went to the closest scuba shop and I signed up for the PADI open water class! Going to do a weekend classroom/pool session in May and probably do the open water dives in June or July.

I am looking to learn from these forums and hopefully get some tips and buddies to dive with and create my own little Caribbean in the midwest! haha.

Mike

I am looking to learn from these forums and hopefully get some tips and buddies to dive with and create my own little Caribbean in the midwest! haha.

Mike

Hi Mike,

There is a lot of great diving very close to you. I am just north of you (Milwaukee area) and have had plenty of chances for great local diving. I think you'll have a great time. Welcome to a great hobby.

Best,
-Michael

Thanks Michael!

Looking forward to my class and certification. Already started looking at some of the "advanced" classes offered.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom