New Member from Sf Bay Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catama

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone. Just joined. Learned to dive many years ago when I lived in Puerto Rico. Left Puerto Rico and didn't dive for a good twenty years or so. Took it up again recently and am going to the Socorro Islands in June. Lokking forward to it.

Andy

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Have Fun in Socorro.

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Do you plan on diving some of the most incredible reefs around the world right here in the Bay Area?

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Do you plan on diving some of the most incredible reefs around the world right here in the Bay Area?

Yes, at some point. My new neighbors are diving instructors and trip organizers, so they're going to take me on some local diving trips. D you have any recommendations?

---------- Post added April 24th, 2014 at 12:54 PM ----------

Thank you!

---------- Post added April 24th, 2014 at 12:55 PM ----------

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Have Fun in Socorro.

I will; thank you!

---------- Post added April 24th, 2014 at 12:55 PM ----------

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Have Fun in Socorro.

I will; thank you!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

For the SF Bay Area, probably the most popular site is Monterey Bay. There are easy dive sites there (the Breakwater) and treacherous ones (Monastery Beach). Your neighbors will know where to take you.

Most folks around here start diving at sites in Monterey, like the Breakwater. It has plenty of cool stuff to see, yet remains docile for folks learning about cold water diving. Much of where you go depends on what part of the Bay Area you live in. I tend to dive the North Coast more, but I live in Santa Rosa, and it is close. Monterey tends to have better vis and more benign conditions.

Is the north coast water colder than Monterey Bay?

Back
Top Bottom