Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaffman

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I live in ohio and I am new to diving. I recently obtained my Padi Open Water cert, and will soon be taking the advance class. I live near Mansfield, andI work for a fire departmentwhich is why I took the dive class. We are trying to start a dive team in our area. I am looking for dive buddies, anyone out there?

Check out these Facebook groups

ohio quarry divers
great lakes wrecking crew (most active group. They do a spring and fall meet and greet at Gilboa Quarry)
travelling divers and liars (loosely connected with a dive shop on Indianapolis but dives in Ohio too.

I used to live up there but don't anymore.

Check out these Facebook groups

ohio quarry divers
great lakes wrecking crew (most active group. They do a spring and fall meet and greet at Gilboa Quarry)
travelling divers and liars (loosely connected with a dive shop on Indianapolis but dives in Ohio too.

I used to live up there but don't anymore.

Thanks!!

I live in the Mt Vernon area and recently got my Padi Open Water cert in early June and am hoping to complete my Padi Advanced Open Water this month. I would enjoy diving with you. I too am looking for people to dive wth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live northeast of you in Wellington ... current student at Ashland University. Did my advance open water this August in San Diego, however dive mostly in our local quarries. Shop I go through in Elyria holds 'fun dive weekends' throughout the summer, but I'm always looking for people to buddy up with.

Aaron

I am a new user too but I am planning to do a diffrent type of diving known as skin diving (breath hold diving with only snorkel). I live in South Florida where there are already cool dive places and where the Florida Keys, a diving haven is only a few steps away. But the Great Lakes, the area where you live sounds interesting. I would love to skin dive the Great Lakes one summer, it would be awesome!

Grove City just south of Columbus here. SSI certified and most of my diving has been in the Bahamas. Would love to dive some of the wrecks in Lake Erie.

White Star Quarry is 1.5 hrs from you. There are divers there almost every weekend. I would check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom