"New" to boards, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2cold4california

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Read threads on this forum before, never participated. 14 year certified AOW (PADI) in the progress of becoming rescue (NAUI for some reason). Something like 150 dives, some 60 of those logged, 28yrs, Southern CA.

Greetings! It's foggy here, and shouldn't be.

Welcome aboard!!!!

Feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in the fun here: >>>>>
SoCal <<<<<

Welcome! I was just diving in SoCal a couple weeks ago. Great time.

It's pretty nice. Recently the water temp had been 68-70 above ~40ft which is perfect for Shaw's or divers cove if you want to wear a 3 mil

It was 61 at 70ft near Catalina at the end of June. Great dives. Did Shaws a couple days before coming home. Rough surge but a ton of baby rays. Spotted a moray and a couple horned sharks too.

I was at dead mans today, big surge and two seals were cracking shells open with rocks nearby. Loudest noise!

I always see these seals and they will come up and check you out. I need a camera :/

Welcome. Pretty toasty water temperatures this year and may get even warmer if the El Nino actually materializes.

If you get a camera, I suggest the following. I used to dive a 3mm shortie in summer until I got my first video camera and noticed the camera shake. Now I reserve my 3mm wetsuits for tropical trips.

I've got a 4/3/2 and a 5 solid the 4/3/2 I usually use for surfing. The 5 is I think perfect for So cal summer as it's not too warm in 70F water and not too cold in 58 degree water (for me). That covers surface to 130ft which is as deep as I'll go on air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom