Hello from Louisiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I am new here and new to scuba driving. I hope in a couple of weeks I will be going to get certified. Is there any thing I can go over to be ready? Also it looks like I have a lot of reading in this great forum.
Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

I would spend some time in a pool doing laps and treading water. Other than that, visit every shop near you and begin the search for the "perfect" mask. The one piece of optional gear I would pick up would be a slap strap for your mask. You will be putting on and taking off your mask frequently in your class. So much easier with a slap strap.

Hi Chris,

I would spend some time in a pool doing laps and treading water. Other than that, visit every shop near you and begin the search for the "perfect" mask. The one piece of optional gear I would pick up would be a slap strap for your mask. You will be putting on and taking off your mask frequently in your class. So much easier with a slap strap.

Thanks for the reply. It will be hard to get to a pool but I have been working out and doing a lot of cardio I hope that helps. I am going to go next Saturday to look for mask. Not sure how it will work because I have facial hair.

Thanks again for the reply

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck with your class.

Thanks for the reply. It will be hard to get to a pool but I have been working out and doing a lot of cardio I hope that helps. I am going to go next Saturday to look for mask. Not sure how it will work because I have facial hair.

Thanks again for the reply

Shaving a strip under your nose seems to work for a lot of divers I know.

One other thing, if you are going with open heel fins, I would get the best fitting booties first. Then look for fins that make your feet, booties and fins work as a unit. I have had to walk around a mile in dive booties that were less than optimal and learned the lesson the hard way.

Thanks for the replies I can't wait. I am trying to get through the online course.

Back
Top Bottom