Wetsuits Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronan70

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, my family and i will be going down to Roatan for a couple weeks to complete the OW portion of our diver training. My questions is to anyone who has been there. We want to know what the prices to buy gear down there are like vs. N. American. Namely BCDs and Regs Wetsuits etc.. Any help would be welcomed. Thank you!:wink:

A better question is where would you buy said gear?

There's a Mares factory store but it's mostly snorkel gear. Many shops are just small accessories - A lot of them are mostly rentals only. Dockside Dive at Cocoview:
Our retail store is packed with a full supply of can't-live-without dive toys and accessories, from clips and slates to underwater caps, dive watches, lanyards and dive lights. We also have a full line of masks, fins and snorkels for sale, and always plenty of mask defog and ear drops.

Anthony's Key store is all t-shirts and souvenirs except their camera store is part of it now.

Barefoot Divers has some gear available:
• Authorized ScubaPro dealer – BCDs, regulators, wetsuits, fins, and masks
• Suunto dive computers
• Dive accessories and reef identification guides and cards
• Barefoot Divers logo gear, jewelry, sunglasses, CROCS, and more

I was there several years ago. they appeared to have one wall of ScubaPro gear displayed. And possibly a camera counter.

Sueno Del Mar in the West End might be your best option:
Our dive shop is the most complete in Central America with top brands and guaranteed lowest export prices!
Never been there. Here's an image of the store: http://www.bookyourdive.com/uploads/listing/photo/image/531835d35aa05080d10006c2/full_image_1.jpeg
Bananarama in West Bay is a ScubaPro/Uwatec dealer also. Only two brands they list.

If you're planning to buy a full set of gear on Roatan might rethink that and get it locally first. Except for wetsuits which you may want to try on locally - most of the larger U.S. Scuba retailers also ship to Canada. ScubaToys and LeisurePro do. Both also have a guaranteed fit program - you can exchange it for a different size till it does.

Last edited:
Thanks to NAFTA, your money will be better spent in the US.

Back
Top Bottom