Hello there! Lurker turned SB addict

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackbay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
You know when random strangers make a difference to your purchases, you read threads looking forward to posts from certain members and you groan because you realize there was a scubaboard invasion in Bonaire literally a month before you were there... it's time to say hello and thank you! This is one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable dive communities online and I know my diving has already improved so much because of all of you.

I'm new with <100 dives but I absolutely love it. I've had the privilege of diving so far in the Seychelles, Marsa Alam, Ustica, Gozo, the Netherlands Antilles, Maldives and.... embarrassingly enough, the Dubai Mall aquarium :-/

My first OW dive was with a local instructor in the Seychelles; a man with a great eye for critters who knew just how far to push me while keeping me calm. There was ridiculous swell, but he kept going; I didn't know any better of course and between the experience and spotting a baby octopus that squirted ink at nothing in particular as it darted into the blue, I was hooked.

I'm now looking to do more local diving in Lake Zürich which, for someone who grew up in 36C/97F Mumbai, is too cold all year round.

Sorry for rambling; I look forward to getting to know you folks!

Lots of good diving in Switserland and Austria. It is galcial lake diving and the water, while warm on the surface tends to be realllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy cold under the thermocline.
Invest in a drysuit and go diving.
Look to Italy and the south of France. Not to far and some good diving for a long weekend.
Enjoy and keep us up to date on your progress.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Thanks! Victor, I've done some diving in Italy and enjoyed the change of scenery from tropical waters. Apparently there's some good river diving in the Ticino region as well. I'm looking to do a rescue course sometime this month and drysuit is next on the priority list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom