Hiya Dive buddies, Toronto.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozwasabi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
New to the forum, always looking for new dive buddies in the gta or anywhere else for that matter.

If you are on Facebook look for "Toronto Area Underwater Explorers". It's a good spot to find out about local dives and meet some really cool people (like me) :)

Hey ozwasabi,

I see you are actually in Oshawa. This is actually good in my opinion... it puts you closer to Kingston, Mallorytown, St. Lawrence, etc. There is some good diving out that way. I live in Ajax but I'm haven't been home very much for the last two years.

I'm moving to Toronto in two weeks! I will be living downtown-ish though...

I'm moving to Toronto in two weeks! I will be living downtown-ish though...

You'll love Toronto. It has a lot of different cultures and is a very walkable city. Not a great city for diving but great for everything else. All my favourite dive shops are outside of the city.

You'll love Toronto. It has a lot of different cultures and is a very walkable city. Not a great city for diving but great for everything else. All my favourite dive shops are outside of the city.

In Ottawa we're used to driving an hour or so to the good sites along the river... I'm assuming Toronto would be the same (or a bit worse)? I bought a drysuit at the end of last season and have been getting some serious underwater time in along the St. Lawrence and our local quarry so I'm hoping to extend the season a bit in Toronto and do a few dives in the fall.

I was walking near my new neighbourhood and saw a "vegetarian butcher." Obviously I'm not in Kansas (aka anywhere else in Canada) anymore!

A vegetarian butcher? Okay, there are parts of Toronto you might want to avoid. :)

Toronto is half way to all the good diving. You either want to head back to St. Lawrence, go down to Niagara/Erie or drive up to Tobermory. There are some who dive near Humber Bay.

The GTA has a very active dive community. I have a tonne of buddies in the east end and a growing number the other side of town too. Send a PM sometime and let's see if we can get you connected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom