Aqualung Sea Quest Pro QD w/I3 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am pretty much what you'd call fresh fish when it comes to diving, I have my first 2 open water dives coming up this week. In class, as I'm sure is standard we have been using the BCD's with the first stage, the primary second stage on the right, and the alternate on the left with the low pressure inflator hose attached to the alternate air source, which also has the red button to add air and the grey button to release air, Before I say anything else, I have to say that there has not been one positive thing happen in my life since I was honorably discharged from the army in 2008, and then last month my wife gave me the brochure for the padi open water diving course and told me she had already paid for it, scuba diving has always been a dream of mine, so needless to say I almost started crying, and I don't ever get emotional, the army and Iraq took all of that out of me, my dive instructor told us we would never forget our first breath underwater and he was right!! I am obsessed!! And I love this!!!

So to my question: scuba diving is a very expensive hobby, so I found a used (apparently) you wouldn't know by looking at it, Seaquest Pro QD with I3 technology on the internet, and I jumped on it, I didn't realize this BCD is nothing like what we used in class, how hard is it going to be for me to get used to using an octopus instead of having the normal hose with the buttons and the mouthpiece on my left? And if I'm not comfortable with it, can I get the normal hose installed on the left instead of having just the black oral inflator hose and just not use the I3 system? The BCD is VERY comfortable and feels perfect, but when I try to use this thing in my advanced open water diver class I'm afraid my instructor is gonna laugh at me or just tell me I can't use it. I should have looked around a little more at BCD's but I was impatient and this one is in PERFECT condition. I guess I just need suggestions, thank you to anyone who can help!

We have the i3 tech, but had our Air2 added. It was a simple job to install the extra hose to the octo. I love having options. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom