New to ScubaBoard - Looking for Moosehead Lake, ME Dive Buddy Labor Day Weekend 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmrobbins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello divers! Just joined this forum. I live in Salem, MA and got my PADI OWC earlier this summer. I've logged about 9 dives to-date. Feeling good in the water and am really enjoying the underwater world...perhaps a bit too much! :cool2:

I grew up on Moosehead Lake in Maine. One of the reasons for taking up diving was so I could explore the lake...so I'm going up w/ my gear over long weekend in hopes I can find someone to dive with! I know the lake very well and there are some great spots for some interesting fresh water dives I want to explore. Moosehead very pristine spring/river fed lake situated in central Maine:

Moosehead Lake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some steamship wrecks, some interesting 'dumping grounds' from sporting camps many years ago, underwater ledges, and other cool formations to explore.

Looking for a couple buddies to dive w/ me this weekend! Contact me if in area and interested!

just missed me, dove it a bunch while I was living up there, but moved back down south this spring.... Beautiful diving up there just a bit chilly

There are some steamship wrecks, some interesting 'dumping grounds' from sporting camps many years ago, underwater ledges, and other cool formations to explore.

Looking for a couple buddies to dive w/ me this weekend! Contact me if in area and interested!

I'm interested, was talking to my brother about it last weekend. He works in Greenville, I'm down in Portland. I remember this post from last August - it was too short notice for me. Keep me in mind if you come back in 2015. I've got a few others who might be interested in making the trip.

There are a couple of us from the Camden/Belfast area who might be able to make it too this coming season, so give us a heads up!

Very cool video! Too bad I missed you. How deep was the area where you dove? Looks like you were right off the old dock. Here's short video of the wreck dive I did in Greenville Junction at steamship point. Hoping to line up some people who want to dive Summer 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W8ZABxW6Fc

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2015 at 11:02 AM ----------

I'm planning to put together a group this coming summer. Will post here when I have more detailed plans.

Enjoyed the video of the Kineo. I've been trying to locate a Ford Model E supposed to be somewhere in Swan Lake about 10 miles north of Belfast. Like the lake diving!

My brother works in Greenville, and used to live there. I've got him checking to see if he knows the people at Steamship Point, so we might be able to do a shore dive instead of a boat dive.

And I found a business with a pontoon boat to rent ("Not today," said the guy who answered the phone. "No kidding, said I."). They'll drop it in the water at the Junction, then come back and retrieve it.

My brother also mentioned he understood there is a wreck down in Sebec Lake that might be divable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom