Hello from a Yank in the Philippines & US - New to Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredinPH

Registered
Reaction score
Really enjoying ScubaBoard and all the great information that can be gleaned here. I am brand new to diving and have just started the PADI eLearning Open Water Course. I do enjoy snorkeling and make an effort to get away from the Manila area every chance and out to some beautiful places like Boracay, Batangas (Anilao) and Cebu areas (helps to have family and friends in the areas) and I look forward to adding Palawan to the list. There are numerous other areas in the Philippines that I am sure I will investigate as I build experience and confidence.

Originally from Texas I left home to join the Army and learn to fly. Loved my job in the Army! Great people and awesome mission. Spent the majority of my career in aviation in the US and Pacific Rim. Married to a wonderful lady who has a Dental Practice in Mandaluyong and was graciously accepted into her large extended family. State side I have a Grandson who is a great kid and is growing up so fast I find it hard to believe. Some of you can relate to what I am saying I am sure. It is great to teach your Grandson some fun things that his Mom might wish he hadn't learned! Nothing with to much inherent risk - just down right fun!

I have been into snorkeling and only recently looked at getting PADI Open Water Certification as my training wheels into the world of SCUBA. I consider the Certification an entry point to begin to gain the real experience needed to become a safe, seasoned and knowledgeable diver who is capable of taking responsibility for my own safety and becoming a diver who others will feel confident in buddying up with.

Fred in the Philippines

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom