Hi from Vienna, Austria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vindobona

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I'm a 25 year old Austrian guy.
I got my OWD certification in 2005 and then spent a wonderful diving holiday on the Maldives with my parents (tons of sharks, turtles, even dolphins at 20m, etc).
Even though I very much enjoyed it, I then stopped scuba diving for 8 years. But last year, I re-discovered and realized how awesome scuba diving is and went on a diving trip to Croatia with a few friends. That got me completely hooked again, and from now on I definitely want to dive as much as I can.
Earlier this year, I went diving at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. In November, I'm going on a diving trip to Jordan.
I recently completed the Enriched Air Diver course and in less than 2 weeks I will be getting my AOWD certification in Austrian mountain lakes, right in time before Jordan. There, I'm probably going to complete another Specialty course (Deep Diver or Peak Performance Buoyancy) while my girlfriend will be getting started with her first diving certification (OWD).
As I'm very much into photography, I bought an Ikelite case for my camera so I can shoot underwater as well. I also recently got my own dive computer.

So now, the diving fun really starts :) Not only by going on regular diving trips, but also by developing my diving skills through additional courses and getting involved in the divers' community.

Looking forward to interesting discussions here!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Looks like you've already been to some great dive destinations!

Are you diving Austria? This looks like a great dive
Green Lake, Tragoess, Austria: The park that disappears under water every year | Mail Online

welcome to the board.

Thanks!

So far, the only dives I did in Austria were in the 'Neufelder See'. It's nothing special to be honest, but a good site for beginners.
In 2 weeks I'll be doing 4 dives in the mountain lakes of the 'Salzkammergut' for my AOWD (Salzkammergut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Concerning the place you mentioned: I recently heard about it and I would like to go for it next year :) Should be interesting, especially with my UW photography equipment! I've never tried a drysuit though, so I need to get acquainted to that first.

That park looks fantastic, but do spend some time getting practicing the drysuit, it requires a few dives to get the hang of the buoyancy.

Thanks!

So far, the only dives I did in Austria were in the 'Neufelder See'. It's nothing special to be honest, but a good site for beginners.
In 2 weeks I'll be doing 4 dives in the mountain lakes of the 'Salzkammergut' for my AOWD (Salzkammergut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

Concerning the place you mentioned: I recently heard about it and I would like to go for it next year :) Should be interesting, especially with my UW photography equipment! I've never tried a drysuit though, so I need to get acquainted to that first.

Salzkammergut looks nice. Our mountain lakes are fed from glaciers so they are quite cold. Enjoy your advanced. let us know how it goes.

Salzkammergut looks nice. Our mountain lakes are fed from glaciers so they are quite cold. Enjoy your advanced. let us know how it goes.

I actually lived in Canada (Toronto) for 6 months for an internship in the tourism industry in 2010. It's easily my favourite country on earth, and I've travelled to about 50 countries :) I travelled all across Canada and I have to say that the beauty and the diversity of the landscapes is really amazing. I love the Rockies and definitely want to go back.
Moraine Lake, Lake Louise, Maligne Lake, Minnewanka, etc. I love them all!

Are you diving in Canadian mountain lakes?

I have done several mountain lakes in the Rockies, but living in Ontario I spend most of my time diving the Great Lakes. They have so many wrecks I fear I will not see them all. So much water so little time. I am only an hour from Toronto. If you travel back to the Toronto area let me know and we can go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom