New Member from Dubai!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM_in_DXB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

Just signed up as a new member here. I am a Canadian currently living in Dubai, UAE - long time diver and just finished my DM. I have been here for around 7 years now and so know the local diving (Musandam, Fujairah, Gulf, Daymaniyats, etc.) and operators pretty well, so am happy to help field any questions for people planning to vist the area in the future or any new arrivals!

I'm afraid my first posts(s) here are going to relate to some pretty sad news (well, for me anyhow!) - broke my ankle a couple of weeks ago in a random accident and therefore have to miss out on a pre-paid and non-refundable expedition to Cocos Island (Costa Rica) next month I've been planning for over a year now. This hurts more than the break! LOL. I'll be posting some further details in the relevant forum(s) here and I'm hoping I can find someone that would like to take it off my hands.

Anyhow, looking forward to chatting with some of you and please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you need any help or advice on diving here in the UAE or Oman.

:D

Welcome to the forum! Dubai is a wonderful place and I have some very nice memories associated to Dubai. I am sorry about the ankle. You can try to sell your spot on this forum. If it is at a discounted rate then I am sure someone would be interested.

Thanks Captain Sinbad :) Dubai is a pretty interesting place, that's for sure!

Welcome to the community ! Sorry to hear about the accident , it definitely on the list

cheers

Welcome, I worked at Al Boom for awhile when I was there although we started diving fujerah more as they covered the sites in sand to build the palms. Really underrated diving there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard there used to be a car cemetery where used cards were dumped. It made a great dive site but I never got a chance to dive there.

Sorry to hear about your accident. :( Broke my foot year before last, and can recommend from personal experience to stay off it until you are well healed!
Welcome, and heal well.

Oh I wish I had seen this before I went to Dubai last month! I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get information about diving in Dubai, only to find out that nobody dives out of Dubai and instead everyone goes to Fujairah (it was very difficult to get clear and definite information from any of the shops). We couldn't fit that into our schedule so I ended up doing the Dubai Aquarium dive with Al Boom, which was great.....but I still was hoping to get a dive IN the Persian Gulf, just to say I had done it.

Hope you heal soon!

Back
Top Bottom