Looking for diving friends in Norcal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was an active (every weekend in Monterey from April until ski season) California diver for 3 years beginning in 1984 when I got certified at Marin Dive in Marin. Life happens, kids happen, many years later ... After diving during vacations every chance I got (the easy way!) for many years in Mexico, the Carribean, and most recently in Costa Rica; I have decided I want to be in the water more often so I took my refresher course at Marin Dive, bought my equipment and squished into my 7mm. I took my first cold water dive with the Fun dives on July 6 with Marin Dive and have been diving almost (missed labor day) every weekend since! Cannot get enough!

I have been fortunate to meet a great dive buddy who is Rescue certified who has helped me brush up on my skills and have been working on navigation skills. I can go out and back as leader, but I am mystified how he can navigate around boulders, make a bunch of turns and end up back at the launch driveway of Pt Lobos!?! Maybe someday!

I am very comfortable under water and come with references! LOL

Check out the Monterey Bay Sea Otters club on Facebook, or the Bay Area Scuba Lovers Meetup. That's how I started finding buddies when in the same situation. Go to a few of the events and you will start meeting people.

PM me and maybe we can meet down in Monterey for a dive or 2. I'm down there 2 weekends a month lately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom