Spanking New

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WildKid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy,

I just moved to the Golden Isles area in Georgia and am looking to do some recreational dives and move up the scuba ladder.

I know that most people around here, so I've been told, go down to some springs in Florida (I can't recall the exact name). I'm on Saint Simons Island and am REALLY itching to do some dives, but am having trouble finding groups. I don't know a lot of people yet, and the ones I've met aren't into diving.

I have my Advanced Open Water and only about 14 dives under my (weight) belt. Sorry, I'm a dork.

For classes, next one offered is Nitrox at Diver's Den September 26, and I want to take the Emergency Responder one (I know these are NOT in the water).

There's also Island Dive Center, but it has proven difficult to get in touch with anyone there that knows what's going on. VERY small shop.

I'm VERY interested in the Rescue Dive class, Photography/Videography, Wreck Dives, and so on. And I think I know the prerequisites. I've got them for the latter 2 but still need that Emergency First Response class for the former.

I'm not trying to scream through just the classes, as I truly do LOVE scuba. But I'll take anything at this point.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated, but I'll settle for me just stopping by to say hey.

I also haven't explored this forum whatsoever, haha, but it's next on my list.

Cheers!

edit: Also, I'm willing to drive a distance, up to 3 hours-ish. In fact, looks like that might be mandatory. And I freelance, so my schedule is pretty flexible, even during the week.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Divers Den has an affiliated dive boat so that should get you out to some of the better local diving. Show up single and they'll likely pair you up with someone compatible. Or just shadow the DM. Probably a good idea anyway since you're a newer diver. IDK south Georgia but north around Savannah it's too shallow/sandy for any sort of decent shore diving.
We provide an in-water guide and divemaster so that you don’t miss any of the “good stuff.”
South Georgia Dive Charters | Dive Southeast Georgia and Northeast Florida

Post/look around here for dive buddies/options in your area also. Deep Dixie Divers

You're roughly 2 and a half hours from the Florida Springs and some amazing year round warm water diving. I'd seriously consider that as an option, especially given the costs of diving in that area. Filling up the gas tank in your car would be your biggest expense. Welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom