Recent OW Cert After Lurking for 2 Months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jarrow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Newly PADI OW certified but originally NAUI certified in 1977. After not diving for 27 years, I decided to jump back into the sport. So much has changed and I've forgotten so much that I decided to start over. I got rid of all my original gear years ago so I'm starting from scratch.

My initial goal is finding people that will dive with a newly certified diver and to get a few dives in before the snow flies.

howdy and welcome back to the astonishing underwater world........

congrats on jumping back in!!!!
check in with the group you did your classes with and with the dive shop.
it seems that every weekend, a group from the roc come up to alex bay to dive
water will stay in the 50's for quite a while yet-lower 60s right now.
most divers don't mind mentoring and its an ideal spot to renew your interest!
have fun
yaeg

... I got rid of all my original gear years ago so I'm starting from scratch.

My initial goal is finding people that will dive with a newly certified diver and to get a few dives in before the snow flies.

Check out your local dive shops, all of them. Ask to see their fill areas. Ask for contacts to any local divers or clubs that dive locally.

I used to do Fall/Winter industry co-ops in Rochester about 40 years ago while in school. Lived on or near Flower City Parkway (?) can't find it on Google Maps??? I've always wondered about diving the Genesee River. Absolutely gorgeous falls and pools.

I wouldn't dive under any of your bridges in the winter, though. You guys have an interesting way of getting rid of the tons of snow that flies up there...

Back
Top Bottom