PADI Junior OW needs an adult card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George Scherman

Contributor
Reaction score
My son has been diving for years on his Junior OW card (he's almost 24). What does he need to do to get an adult OW card. I'm sure it involves some kind of monetary transaction.

Call the agency. PADI told me to just pay for a replacement card and they'd upgrade it to OW Automatically. Having a Junior OW Diver card and being over the junior limits (which your son clearly is) means that no dive shop should treat him as anything other than a full-blown OW diver. If they do, find another dive shop :D. I still have my Junior OW card (had it for 10.5+ years now) and haven't bothered to upgrade. I'm 24 as well.

Having said that, it might be wiser to get AOW and Nitrox and just ignore the Junior OW (or OW) card altogether. Often, AOW cards are very helpful tickets to get on better dive charters and Nitrox is just super helpful.

Back
Top Bottom