New Diver just certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I recently got certified by a Naui instructor. I just moved to Tampa, Florida and am curious to know if anyone lives around this area that likes to dive. I am interested in taking diving trips, or just staying local if there's any hot spots around the area. I'm looking to meet new dive buddy's and friends so inbox me or hit me up on this thread. I look forward to meeting some of the locals!

Welcome! Florida has some amazing diving from the Keys to the springs there's no such thing as a "dive season" for you. I'm envious!

Congratulations on the new cert!!!

I am not familiar with the Tampa area but I suggest you try putting a post in this forum.

The Greater Tampa Bay Area

If I were down in Florida and recently certified, I'd consider heading down to Key Largo and spending a few days doing 2 2-tank boat trips/day with Rainbow Reef Dive Center, where they put a guide in the water at no added charge. You can get a lot of fine, fishy reef diving crammed into several days, rather shallow diving unless you get your AOW and go on some of the deep morning wreck dives (e.g.:Spiegel Grove, Duane), and get some experience.

Once you're more seasoned you can head north to Jupiter and maybe do some deep drift diving with Jupiter Dive Center, during the lemon shark migration or goliath grouper aggregation.

I linked you my 2 trip reports.

I have not dove Blue Heron Bridge or out of West Palm Beach, and there are other sites, but others can tell you about that.

I realize Tampa is west coast and I'm talking east coast, but you're a lot closer to it than I am in southwestern KY!!!

Richard.

This is really ironic... I just went this past weekend to Key Largo and went with Rainbow Reef! It was amazing, I highly recommend it to anyone who lives in Florida.

---------- Post added September 30th, 2014 at 01:37 PM ----------

Thank you Oldbear for the link!!

Back
Top Bottom