Hello from Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ezediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi just wanted to introduce myself friends call me Easy mid 40s been diving over 25 yrs until this summer I had dropped down to only a cpl dives a year till I realized how sloppy and inefficient I had become with my skills so I decided to become more active in the dive community and get out and dive more so I have replaced most of my gear bought new tanks and started looking for dive sites near me or close enough for weekend get aways and have found shore jetty diving in NW Fl to satisfy the craving but not spectacular like the wall at Cane bay where I learned to dive. Vortex Springs will be next ......

Will do Sonny looking for local dive sites but have no problem driving to Fl for a overnighter PCB ,Destin or Vortex springs all sound better than Lanier and 3ft vis.... just got back last week from a week in PCB and Destin had 30ft vis most days

If you are looking for good vis around here, you'll have to get cold and go to Philadelphia Tennessee for Philadelphia quarry. Average 40-50 ft vis. I love that place. I normally dive at Philly and treasure hunt for bottles and artifacts in the Tennessee River. If you are free Saturday we are having a Tennessee river cleanup dive day. Meet at Chickamauga dam at 9:00 AM and dive down to get trash from the bottom of the river. It's a fun way to dive. Where are you located at specifically?

I am located near Yorkville and Rockmart. Will be camping/hunting near Suches this weekend....sounds fun though never thought about diving the river I guess I need to open my mind when looking for dive sites ,the Quarry looks interesting too bad it closes in Nov Diveland in Ala just closed for the year......Oh well I can hope for a lot of Flordia trips this winter. My email is Ezsvtx@gmail.com I check it daily if I have service.

The quarry will open if you call them. its self service meaning you put money in a slot and they unlock the gate you go up there. pretty simple and the owner is very nice. Personally, because I possess more of a hunters mind (I love to spearfish), I love diving the river because of the chance of finding old relics. I've found multiple old whiskey bottles and my personal favorite, a Chattanooga milk and package exchange half pint milk bottle from 1940

Back
Top Bottom