Hey!!! Travelling South America!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello scubaboard community!

My name is Nick and I am from London but live in Scotland, however I am taking a year out and I am currently doing my Advanced course in Honduras, Utila!

After my time in Honduras I hope to travel down into South America for the remaining 10 months!

I have a few questions, however I am unsure where to post them so I might as well ask here!

I am considering doing a Dive Master course with the intention that when I travel down the coast (either west or east coast of South America) I can go into dive shops/centres and get a bit of paid work or dive for free.

How easy is it to just turn up unannounced and get a bit of work?

My issue is that this course would take quite a bit of my budget up, my heart tells me "yes" but my brain tells me "no", so it is not something I wish to do unless I can make good use of it when travelling!?

I don't know if there is anyone here who has done something similar, travelled as a Dive Master and worked whilst travelling in dive shops/centres?

ANY advice would be really appreciated!!

Thank you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom