It only took me 34 years...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FinallyDiving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello Everyone,

I got a subscription to Skin Diver magazine back in Jr. high and dreamt of diving ever since. Life intervened, school, kid, moving, more kid, more moving. Signed up for a class in Tn, bought the starter stuff, then got whooping cough, then moved before I could use it. I even labeled the box "scuba stuff I'll never get to use" before loading it on the truck.

Finally, my oldest kid's boy scout troop offered a scuba class and I said I'd be damned if he got certified before me...so the poor scouts had to endure mom tagging along in class. So here I am, certified (he did beat me, we had difficulty fitting in the cert. dive) and ready to go!

Welcome,

Since you reside in Illinois zoom down - over - up depending where you are located to Belnap and dive Mermet Springs. Never been there, don't want to dive there but I have had an exchange of correspondence with the owner and it appears to be the best location in Illinois to blow bubbles to make up for all that lost time.

Enjoy !!!!

SDM

Never too late, never too old !!!......Way to go !!!

Welcome to the underwater world! Stop by and see us, we'll dive with you!!

Welcome!!

Disclaimer: Scuba is like smoking....you can be a non smoker till you are 75, but after that first cig...you are an addict. Scuba is arguably healthier though.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and the incredible 70% of The Water Planet that many never get to see firsthand

Back
Top Bottom